How you can help
What you can do
The AIP Foundation needs your ongoing support to ensure that our work can continue as successfully. You can get involved today and make a difference. Here is how:
1. Fundraise! Organize a school bake-sale, a competitive bike ride, or an event at your workplace. Each $15 you raise gives a child a helmet - a life-saving vaccine against road traffic accidents – through the Helmets for Kids program.
2. Sponsor a school! Partner to install environmental improvements like zebra crossings, sidewalks, and speedbumps around schools, as well as to provide traffic safety education and organize volunteers to help children get to school safely.
3. Volunteer! Get in touch to find out how you could contribute your time, energy, and expertise to this cause. Whether you work in law, advertising, accounting, or medicine!
4. Tell your friends! Spread the word about AIP Foundation’s work. Be a road safety advocate in your community.
5. Wear a helmet! You are a role model in your own community, and your example improves road safety around the world.
This year, more than one million people across the world will die from road traffic injuries. Several million more men, women and young people will be injured or disabled.
In addition to the human suffering, the annual cost of road traffic injuries worldwide runs to hundreds of billions of dollars. In low- and middle-income countries, the economic cost of road injuries will be more than the development aid they receive.
Despite increased awareness and more dynamic efforts to improve road safety, the epidemic of road traffic fatalities and injuries will continue to be an important public health and development issue. Trends in many countries, in particular low-and middle-income countries, suggest that the problem could become noticeably worse within the next decade. There remains a pressing need for greater efforts and resources.